Travel Smarter this September
As we begrudgingly begin to leave summer behind and plan our final beach getaways of 2015, we must be extra mindful of our surroundings. Approaching the 14th anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11th 2001, traveling during this time will require a bit more patience from travelers and transportation employees alike. Whether traveling by car, bus, train, or by plane, it is more than likely that transportation security will be a little tighter than usual during these next few days. Here are some tips to avoid frustration:
- Be early – Leave yourself an extra hour. The more time you leave for unexpectedly long lines, the better.
- Simplify – Pack as little as possible. Having less luggage will get you through security quicker.
- Be smart – Do your research. Make sure you know the regulations and prohibitions regarding what you’re bringing along.
- Be alert – Pay attention to your surroundings. If you see something suspicious, notify an employee immediately.
- Be patient – Transportation security employees will be working hard to get you where you need to go as safely as possible.
A potentially threatening person is often outed by his or her behavior. Taino Consulting Group offers Behavior Recognition Training for Transportation Employees. This is a critical skill for not only transportation employees, but also those who travel frequently. To learn more, contact us at email@example.com.