October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month! The Department of Homeland Security has launched this initiative with the National Cyber Security Alliance to bring awareness to cyber security practices nationwide. In an effort to improve your Cyber Security practices, be sure to follow these basic tips recommended by the Federal Trade Commission:
- Control access to data sensibly.
- Require secure passwords and authentication.
- Store sensitive personal information securely and protect it during transmission.
- Segment your network and monitor who’s trying to get in and out.
- Secure remote access to your network.
- Apply sound security practices when developing new products.
- Make sure your service providers implement reasonable security measures.
- Put procedures in place to keep your security current and address vulnerabilities that may arise.
- Secure paper, physical media, and devices.
Taino Consulting Group can help you and your business improve your cyber security practices! Visit us online at www.tainoconsultinggroup.com.