Protect Yourself while you Travel Alone
Traveling anywhere alone can be frightening. Personal security and situational awareness are crucial components to arriving safely to your destination any time you leave the house.
There are many personal safety apps for smartphones and devices, but bSafe is one that has been highly recommended by personal security experts. Its app boasts the following features:
- Your own social personal safety network of friends, family and coworkers
- The ability to share location with friends and family to find each other more easily
- The “Follow Me” feature where you can ask friends to walk you home with live GPS tracking, or help friends stay safer by walking them home from wherever you are
- The Timer Mode to program an automatic alarm that will trigger if you have not checked in with your safety contact in time
- The “I’m Here” feature to tell selected people where you are in real time
The the even that you run into trouble, the Guardian Alert button will immediately notify your friends and family members that you need help, and let them know where you are (GPS) and what’s happening (video). It will even set off a siren if you program it to.
While they are useful however, Smartphones and mobile apps are merely the second line of defense. The first and most important step to staying safe when you’re traveling alone is being alert, keeping your wits about you, and using your intuition.
Read more at: http://www.bsafeapp.com/